Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Mission to Earth"

It's the first time to watch digital cinema. The first impression of the film must be so special that there are not just one scene at the same time. The composition is different from the traditional cinema. I think this film, "Mission to Earth", has a different way of story telling when compared with thr traditional cinema. Besides the main scene which is showing the journey of the girl, there are also some small boxes associated with the main scene. Those small boxes are some paintings, designs, or just some colours...etc. This presentation is new for me. Sometimes, I can't concentrate on only just one scene. I can't follow the main story when I just put my focus on the small scene.

In my won opinion, I may think that the voice over is the main focus of the film and those scenes showed on the screen assist to tell the story. The voice over throughout the whole film is with the same tone. But I think he is just telling me something but not a story because it seems that he didn't put his own feeling in it. But with the association with the scenes, it help me to think more about what he is talking about. Although those scenes may not be exactly the samen with which he is talking, it help me to have more focus on the film. Otherwise, I will not continue to watch it. Furthermore, some small scenes are quite interesting, but some of them are difficult to understand. Sometimes, I will feel confuse because I will focus on one scene and try to think about what it is going to present.

For the music of the film, honestly, it is boring. But it quite match with the film or specifically match with the narrator. It creates a calm atmosphere. However, it will make people fell asleep easily.

After watching this digital film, I will still choose to watch traditional cinema because it is more interesting for me. I would like to search for other digital films to see whether I will still choose to watch traditional cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment