Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What philosophy is behind the open source movement?

  • there is more freedom by using open source software
  • people would like to share their work with others
  • people did not want to be limited by others
  • everyone can have the chance to change the works
  • works can be changed to fit many people's preferences

Do you agree?Why or why not?

To some extent, I agree. If I have the knowledge to do such works, I would like to have more freedom to change the software in order to reach my own requirement for the software. And the contents can be changed freely if my preferences have changed. However, I did not have such knowledge and skills to do that. So I will choose to follow the rules of using the software. Although there is less freedom, it is quite good for me because there were already many resources in the software provided for me. I may change my mind if I finally have the skills on changing the data of the softwares.

No comments:

Post a Comment